Limited contracts throughout the State of New Mexico
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Master’s degree in Audiology.
- Two years’ experience in school setting.
- Desired qualifications include advance degree in related field.
- Licensure by Public Education Department.
- Licensure by the New Mexico Regulation and Licensing Board.
- Able to obtain Medicaid Provider Number and NPI.
- Certified school year position with benefits identified in Policy Manual.
DUTIES, ROLES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify hearing impaired students and provide schools with the necessary documentation to provide appropriate services to students with hearing impairment.
- Conduct screenings and evaluations as needed for initial student evaluations and re-evaluations.
- Conduct periodic screenings to determine hearing status.
- Provide input to IEP teams to inform the team as to possible accommodations in light of the students documented hearing loss.
- Maintain audiology equipment and provide recommendations to ancillary office for necessary equipment.
- Complete district wide needs assessment to review files and give recommendations for continued compliance with current IEP’s.